gahunda
Days have been going by in a blur. bars, plenty of drinking mainly with Adam, long-winded discussions and getting home at ungodly hours, eating dinner all by myself in the dark more often than not a bit intoxicated. A few days ago when I dropped Adam off he turned and said "I actually hope I dont see you tomorrow!" but the fool calls me up the next day asking for plot and we end up drinking again. In Kigali there is never a plan the day before and you find yourself in weird places within ten minutes of notice. It's hard to give an idea of just how crazy things have been but I've had a very hectic and often surreal week and a half so far.
Kigali: Bloody hell the city is sparkling! It looks like something out of a commercial now.
I actually met a Philip.K.Dick fan in Kigali.
Have you ever had a moral dilemma when you are buying a pair of shoes? I bought nikes the other day but I had a very sour taste in my mouth thinking of how Im helping to fund an evil corporation that thinks nothing of having sweatshops in poor countries so they can get cheap labour. A corporation that says 'wer'e just a shoe company' but knows very well that they people making their shoes are being paid peanuts and work in atrocious conditions with no overtime pay and barely any rights of any kind. But as Naomi Klein said in 'No logo' Nike are not the only ones. All the other major shoe companies- Adidas, Reebok- also employ sweatshop labour. You cant actually buy shoes with an ethical mindset. Still I hate Nike and everything they stand for. I think Im going to get rid of these shoes as soon as I can.
("Are you such a dreamer...to put the world to rights")
Kigali: Bloody hell the city is sparkling! It looks like something out of a commercial now.
I actually met a Philip.K.Dick fan in Kigali.
Have you ever had a moral dilemma when you are buying a pair of shoes? I bought nikes the other day but I had a very sour taste in my mouth thinking of how Im helping to fund an evil corporation that thinks nothing of having sweatshops in poor countries so they can get cheap labour. A corporation that says 'wer'e just a shoe company' but knows very well that they people making their shoes are being paid peanuts and work in atrocious conditions with no overtime pay and barely any rights of any kind. But as Naomi Klein said in 'No logo' Nike are not the only ones. All the other major shoe companies- Adidas, Reebok- also employ sweatshop labour. You cant actually buy shoes with an ethical mindset. Still I hate Nike and everything they stand for. I think Im going to get rid of these shoes as soon as I can.
("Are you such a dreamer...to put the world to rights")

1 Comments:
Moral dilemna over shoes?? Minzo,down with the blasted morals!
Kigs has transformed huh?.I really would pay to see you eating dinner blazed,do u do this avec Zabandora?guess the 2 of you have bonded by now.
Post a Comment
<< Home