Are women evil? and other questions
"Women" My friend says "Are evil"
Those were not his exact words, but over the course of a ten minute rant, this was pretty much what he meant.
"Well..yeah they kind of are" these were also not my exact words, but my vague answer really boiled down to this mainly because I was on my way to the loo and if women had to be evil for me to get to the loo, then they were evil.
Rants- how do we ever get anything done with them? My friend's rant was something along the lines of I-thought-I-could-trust-her-but-she-stabbed-me-in-the-back kind of thing and something about her telling all her friends his secrets and all that. I nod sympathetically.
"Women" Adam says to me "Are evil"
Those were not his exact words, but this was pretty much what he meant when he met me at the hall bar where I was watching the slave auction. This whole women-are-evil theme seems to be spreading everywhere around me and it gets a bit tiring. Do you mean in an 'Omen' kind of way? Because that shit was freaky- thats the real evil. Women breaking your heart is more or less burned toast in that context. It's bad, but the day goes on and the world doesn't stop for you.
"I've been reading Nietzche" Adam continues "And now it all makes sense to me" and then he goes on about how Nietzche's analysis of the way all our values are artificial and can never be objective. Am I really discussing Nietzche in a bar with a slave auction going on a few meters away from me? And who goes around reading Nietzche after a breakup?
Adam has now realized that writing that email to Quena was probably the wrong thing to do. It was fairly nasty and he even compared her to Lucifer in the email that has now become legendary in the hall (although its funny that 'Lucifer' sounds a lot less threatening than 'Satan' or 'The devil') As far as breakups go, things couldnt have gone any worse and I'm counting the kind of break-ups you see in soap operas where you have dangerous combinations like breakup+woman with gun. I went to talk to him afterwads, and he said it was a weight off his chest and he was happy he had said all those things about her. However on the day we wound up talking in the bar, he seemed a lot less sure of himself and the next day he sent an email kind of apologizing for his outburst. Quena ignored him.
"There'll be no talking about Adam" She tells me "I've removed him from my reality- he doesn't exist to me any more" and then to hammer her point home, she sticks her fingers in her ears and starts saying 'nananana'.
There's karaoke going on as we talk. Vid is getting ready to sing and I'm thinking of getting another beer.
I have bigger fish to fry.
Those were not his exact words, but over the course of a ten minute rant, this was pretty much what he meant.
"Well..yeah they kind of are" these were also not my exact words, but my vague answer really boiled down to this mainly because I was on my way to the loo and if women had to be evil for me to get to the loo, then they were evil.
Rants- how do we ever get anything done with them? My friend's rant was something along the lines of I-thought-I-could-trust-her-but-she-stabbed-me-in-the-back kind of thing and something about her telling all her friends his secrets and all that. I nod sympathetically.
"Women" Adam says to me "Are evil"
Those were not his exact words, but this was pretty much what he meant when he met me at the hall bar where I was watching the slave auction. This whole women-are-evil theme seems to be spreading everywhere around me and it gets a bit tiring. Do you mean in an 'Omen' kind of way? Because that shit was freaky- thats the real evil. Women breaking your heart is more or less burned toast in that context. It's bad, but the day goes on and the world doesn't stop for you.
"I've been reading Nietzche" Adam continues "And now it all makes sense to me" and then he goes on about how Nietzche's analysis of the way all our values are artificial and can never be objective. Am I really discussing Nietzche in a bar with a slave auction going on a few meters away from me? And who goes around reading Nietzche after a breakup?
Adam has now realized that writing that email to Quena was probably the wrong thing to do. It was fairly nasty and he even compared her to Lucifer in the email that has now become legendary in the hall (although its funny that 'Lucifer' sounds a lot less threatening than 'Satan' or 'The devil') As far as breakups go, things couldnt have gone any worse and I'm counting the kind of break-ups you see in soap operas where you have dangerous combinations like breakup+woman with gun. I went to talk to him afterwads, and he said it was a weight off his chest and he was happy he had said all those things about her. However on the day we wound up talking in the bar, he seemed a lot less sure of himself and the next day he sent an email kind of apologizing for his outburst. Quena ignored him.
"There'll be no talking about Adam" She tells me "I've removed him from my reality- he doesn't exist to me any more" and then to hammer her point home, she sticks her fingers in her ears and starts saying 'nananana'.
There's karaoke going on as we talk. Vid is getting ready to sing and I'm thinking of getting another beer.
I have bigger fish to fry.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home