Thursday, January 27, 2005

I prefer to steer clear of a sheep's stomach

Friday will be Burns night- yet another formal dinner that won't see my black ass. This will have a definite Scottish feel for it since it is done in honour of Robert Burns the Scot poet who...well, wrote a lot of poetry and then...erm, died. The highlight of the day-which will be replicated in the hall- is a dish called Haggis which was apparently Burns favorite meal and must be eaten on Burns night; for non-Scots a bucket nearby might come in handy. Basically it is sheep lungs and liver mixed with onions, spices and a lot of other stuff all served in a sheep's stomach. Call me a sissy but I'll pass. Apparently Burns even wrote a poem to Haggis which just goes to show that people didn't really have much of a social life back in the day. Anyway I'll be in the bar later and that much should be fun at least.
Also people- if you haven't discovered 'Blackadder' yet, then you had better get going. It's very English and at least twenty years old but it's one of the funniest comedy series you'll ever watch and it's got Rowan Aitkinson not playing the clown. I went a step further and bought the entire scripts at Waterstones-obviously not as funny READING the jokes but one must make do. The pre-sleep hours have been decidedly funnier as a result. It's the third and fourth series that are really outrageously funny.
Also- can the media please fuck off with all this 'The truth about Brad and Angelina' stuff-enough already! So she put her head on his shoulder? Oooooh- watch out they're gonna screw any second now! I am so past caring it's not even funny.
I still really, really want to see 'Team America: world police'. Any film that has a song called 'America-fuck yeah!' cannot possible be ignored.

4 Comments:

Blogger Azathoth100 said...

HAGGIS RULES! I have an ongoing joke involving it with Bm over at Cobweb13.blogspot.com. One day I'm going to find some and make him eat it. It is living proff that humans will eat anything if desperate enough.

3:29 AM  
Blogger Ka said...

YUCK!!@burns hullabaloo,i thought u meant Mr Ed burns at first,as for the rest of your post ehhhh okkkkkkkkkkk???......

4:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a "dye in the wool" Scot but even I won't eat Haggis. I like to quote the movie, "So I Married An Axe Murderer" when refering to Haggis. The girl asks him, "Do you like Haggis?" His reply, "No, personally I think all Scottish cuisine is based on a dare."

Ha Ha. Funny stuff.

5:47 PM  
Blogger Handsome B. Wonderful said...

Sorry, that Anon post above is me. Hehe.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer