Friday, June 10, 2005

You can have it all (if you like)

The Wantage Hall summer ball is on tomorrow. I'm still bitter that we;ve been screwed over pricewise- 15 pounds without a meal? What the hell? Anyway I'm grudgingly there although I usually hate these kind of formal occasions in the same way I can only go for weddings under bribery or threats. The theme is masquerade so everyone has to wear a mask. Wer'e probably going to sit around making them tonight- you know, the 'cut paper with scissors' way- instead of actually going out to buy them. Mez insists she knows what she is doing, but the rest of us don't have a clue.
I'm feeling sick as well- have been for the past few days. I think its this bloody flu which I think I picked up when I went out on Monday. A fun night, but you always pay for those in some way don't you? Bringing it up at dinner only made me get teased mercilessly ("Is that what you call laziness these days?") but dammnit I cant pretend when I feel like hell. As said in futurama-"The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised".
Watched 'maria full of Grace' at the Film theatre- it was Spanish in English subtitles but that didnt detract from its power. It's about the drug mules who smuggle the bad stuff into the States from Colombia- in this case, a seventeen year old girl. There are a few shocking sequences when she has to swallow these big-ass pellets and she has to swallow about fifty. Everyone in the theatre was shifting in their seats and trying to look away. That's why Film is such an important medium. A single visual image can be so incredibly powerful that it makes you feel you have discovered some kind of universal truth even if it's not a pretty one.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ka said...

Have fun at the ball!.Maria full of grace was quite a good movie and a great job done by the Maria chick as a first acting job.The scene you talked about was funny when we watched it cos someone with us took it to the gutter,tell u on msn.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Ka said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Raymond said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

6:52 AM  
Blogger Raymond said...

LOL LOL "The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongy and bruised" How could futurama end?!! Vraiment!! Honestly!!! I loved Bender most!! We need to send Matt Groening threats till he returns to making the series!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Mesothelioma Lawyer
Mesothelioma Lawyer