Breakup with girlfriend: part 1 (or- the mystery of laura)
Something funny happened to me today- My girlfriend broke up with me. It was a strong contender for the strangest breakup in recent history because I technically dont really know why I've been ditched and also my girlfriend didnt seem to have a clue what she was talking about.
This is the story as far as I'm able to make out. She sent me an sms last night saying we have to end it and she's sorry but we cant go on blah blah. I wrote back asking whats up? And she said she cant tell me why she's breaking up with me because 'she doesnt want to talk about it-now or ever' so please please dont ask her what exactly is wrong. I was like huh? So I called her this afternoon and only after a lot of bullying did I manage to get only half the story. Apparently she heard a story about me and someone called Laura. What exactly did we do? She wont tell and says she never will. Who told her that story? She wont say that either. What evidence does she have that made her freak out? She wont say. Does she think I did it? She's thirty percent sure. So if you are only thirty percent sure, why all the fuss? No answer. It was so absurd that I almost started giggling. She then went on to say that the real reason is that the story planted the seeds of doubt in her mind and she realized she would never be able to completely trust me whether or not the story is true.
You know if you are breaking up with me-far be it to stand in your way- surely the least I deserve is a proper explanation?
No im sorry, im not going to tell you she says I never want to talk about it again. Lets just leave it at that. At this stage im thinking 'she's just making this up as an excuse to breakup with me' but she convinced me she was serious. Laura- whoever she was- was a problem and one so big that she was not even going to talk about it. And- let me remind you- she didnt even completely believe the story in the first place. I was thinking 'This is very very dodgy'
In other words- it was a total waste of seven pounds to buy the two cards, because all I knew at the end of the convo was that I might have dated someone called Laura (she doesnt know where or who this person is) and 'it was a slap in the face when she heard the news'. Who is this Laura person? Im as clueless as you. The only Lauras I know is someone in my law class plus my mad friend in Canada who I havent yet met. I know very well I havent dated either of them. So who is this phantom Laura ive been linked to? I bullied and bullied but she refused to budge.
Its impossible to explain how bizzare the entire conversation was. In the end, she pretended she couldnt hear me and then cut me off because I was insisting on knowing about the Laura story. Dodgiest breakup of all time? Let's have your votes!
This is the story as far as I'm able to make out. She sent me an sms last night saying we have to end it and she's sorry but we cant go on blah blah. I wrote back asking whats up? And she said she cant tell me why she's breaking up with me because 'she doesnt want to talk about it-now or ever' so please please dont ask her what exactly is wrong. I was like huh? So I called her this afternoon and only after a lot of bullying did I manage to get only half the story. Apparently she heard a story about me and someone called Laura. What exactly did we do? She wont tell and says she never will. Who told her that story? She wont say that either. What evidence does she have that made her freak out? She wont say. Does she think I did it? She's thirty percent sure. So if you are only thirty percent sure, why all the fuss? No answer. It was so absurd that I almost started giggling. She then went on to say that the real reason is that the story planted the seeds of doubt in her mind and she realized she would never be able to completely trust me whether or not the story is true.
You know if you are breaking up with me-far be it to stand in your way- surely the least I deserve is a proper explanation?
No im sorry, im not going to tell you she says I never want to talk about it again. Lets just leave it at that. At this stage im thinking 'she's just making this up as an excuse to breakup with me' but she convinced me she was serious. Laura- whoever she was- was a problem and one so big that she was not even going to talk about it. And- let me remind you- she didnt even completely believe the story in the first place. I was thinking 'This is very very dodgy'
In other words- it was a total waste of seven pounds to buy the two cards, because all I knew at the end of the convo was that I might have dated someone called Laura (she doesnt know where or who this person is) and 'it was a slap in the face when she heard the news'. Who is this Laura person? Im as clueless as you. The only Lauras I know is someone in my law class plus my mad friend in Canada who I havent yet met. I know very well I havent dated either of them. So who is this phantom Laura ive been linked to? I bullied and bullied but she refused to budge.
Its impossible to explain how bizzare the entire conversation was. In the end, she pretended she couldnt hear me and then cut me off because I was insisting on knowing about the Laura story. Dodgiest breakup of all time? Let's have your votes!

9 Comments:
HAHAHAHAHHA!! You almost make it sound like it's a bad thing,this whole being brokenup with.Too bad about the 7 pounds,Minega those wouuld have been atleast 3 custard thingis.
The Mrs invisible just had to be named LAURA hahaahah!!lorddddddd!!.
Run free Minzo,run free!!.You are too young and gogass(hehe)to be tied to peeps that need to star in "The Jacket".
Blooming heck!Hombre,I'm calling you up now!
ohhh bruv im trying very very hard not to laugh.. u kno this story is more funny than sad! mann distance sucks a big fat one.
mais hope u are not too heart broken hung in there bro,there will be brighter days!!
damn this is serious, first time i eva comment on your blog.luvvsss, twiny2
My brother, thats real shit, doesnt sound good at all in my ears! We Will communicate soon, wish you well, Lets work on this shit! Anything you want me to do for you?
"Mutungyi"
AAAAAAAAAAAH ABOMINATION!! Maybe it's the crack, Minzo. It's an epidemic these days! You'll be okay, boy... we all love u! And may i just add that im glad im not called laura?
Hard luck man. From the story I just read..maybe you need to hook up with somebody (anybody!!) named Laura just to make things straight cyeretse niba you think you can get more info on it all and want to spend some more valuable bucks on phone cards instead of those custard doughnuts!! Too bad it had to be you. Bibaho..ihangane.
oh dear, very unusual story kabisa, lakini verify things with her again bse somehow i dont think she's very sure of what she's doing! gdluck, otherwise like seema said we all love u!Soni
this is pure unadulterated bonkers..as in please...Minzo, this you dont deserve for sure...now even my brothers numerous breakup lines like`"there was a thread haning from her jeans" sounds sane. Christ since when did women start making up imaginary girl friends....well her bloody loss.....
all u guyz r not solving anything and i think minega it was not right of you to put all this in the open. the relationship is between u and yo chic and if she has heard that it would be better if you made an effort 2 explain 2 her wat these lauras r 2 you.................that's if you loved her but putting things in the open are not a way 2 make things right think abt it............2yrs is not a short time.
Post a Comment
<< Home