a timely reminder why one billion people watch 22 men kicking a ball
-Last night was a great night for football. Chelsea v barcelona second-leg tie was supposed to be a cracking game, yes but dammn! Who could have foreseen all the drama? Chelsea were 3-0 up within 20 minutes and then Barcelona stormed back with two goals from Ronaldinho (the second so outrageously cheekily brilliant that I would have slapped him just for being a genius if I was in the Chelsea defence) And all this was just in the first half! With things standing at 3-2, Barcelona was still on course to go through on the away goals rule only for (who else) but defender-in-chief John Terry to pop up 14 minutes from time with a great header to knock out the most exciting team in football out of the champions league. Now I'm not really a Chelsea fan-infact I actively dislike them- but in the Champions League one feels a certain kinship with other English teams and so on this occasion I found myself cheering for Chelsea in a room full of equally excited soccer fans. What a game-surely the champions league is going to go downhill from here on? No other game this year is going to live up to that one. And tonight Liverpool is playing-im a nervous wreck!
-There's this Kenyan guy in my hall who apparently believes I don't like him- at least thats what he told one of my friends when she mentioned me. I dont know the guy! I've met him only once because I know one of the guys he hangs out with, but that aside have never so much as run into him. I mean I am granted an anti-social guy most of the time but still that's a serious jump to conclusions. Now there are some people in this hall I do actively dislike but that's a story for another post.
-You know it's election time in this country when the most important issue being debated by Tony Blair and Michael Howard is an old woman's delayed shoulder operation.
-The best British TV show of the year- 'Shameless'- just finished its second season. Tuesday nights are going to be a lot lonelier as a result. We are going to have to wait until early 2006 to get another dose of Manchester madness. AARGGH!
-There's this Kenyan guy in my hall who apparently believes I don't like him- at least thats what he told one of my friends when she mentioned me. I dont know the guy! I've met him only once because I know one of the guys he hangs out with, but that aside have never so much as run into him. I mean I am granted an anti-social guy most of the time but still that's a serious jump to conclusions. Now there are some people in this hall I do actively dislike but that's a story for another post.
-You know it's election time in this country when the most important issue being debated by Tony Blair and Michael Howard is an old woman's delayed shoulder operation.
-The best British TV show of the year- 'Shameless'- just finished its second season. Tuesday nights are going to be a lot lonelier as a result. We are going to have to wait until early 2006 to get another dose of Manchester madness. AARGGH!

3 Comments:
What's with the Kenyan? i mean its not like you are going to marry him, he needs a life, he is GUY for crying out loud!!that comment he made about you sounded so gay!
I never got into soccer(football) until recent. It is really addicting..Great post..
good one!yeah footie ummm..yeah!,if it ain't Gor Mahia(kenyan team)i couldnt really give a toss althoug i must bring up the topic of footballers bowleggedness as i usually do when footie is mentioned(can u tell where my interest in "the game" lies?
Tell Kenyandude to go get testestorone shots and man up!,acting like a little B.
P/s:the commentor above,who gave u permission to call him Nzo??damn! nhiyo imamvu i need another new name for him).
Post a Comment
<< Home