He doesn't sleep- he waits
Valentine's day came and went yesterday. I had a debate with someone about whether it was a true and warm expression of romantic love or merely a capitalist plot to maximise consumerism.
"The thing about it is if you fuck up on Valentine's day, she'll never forget it" someone else said to me later that day "If you are going to screw up, the other 364 days are just fine but try letting her down on Valentine's day.."
Someone else I know said he and his girlfriend had decided not to get anything for each other. "Big mistake" I told him "It's a trick! She still expects you to get her something" "Aaargh man- dont say that!" He said suddenly looking a bit worried. I think I shouldn't have told him that- he looked a bit worried when he left, but I was only joking.
But anyway for the 'single and cool' people- as Quena decided our group was which included me,Leo and Vid-it was just another day. So what's the difference between being single and cool and being single and pathetic? Well says Quena "We are single by choice while the single and pathetic ones are desperate to get someone but can't". Erm..okay.
Vid, Quena and I went for a drink later on and I got back and watched Prison Break (which has become essential viewing) while having coffee, bread and hobnob biscuits (which will be the subject of its own post). What kind of fool drinks coffee at midnight? Later on sitting and reading The Guardian on my bed with The bends on the radio, it occurs to me that wer'e not necessarily single and cool, but something much more important- wer'e single and happy. It wasn't exactly a 'Eureka' moment but I was satisfied and my work for the day was done.
However others were busier on Valentine's day like the clueless guy who tried to kill himself by crucifixion. He made a wooden cross and put it on the ground and then set to work by nailing one hand onto the cross. It was at this point he realized that he couldn't nail his other hand as well since- like the rest of us- he only had two of them and one was nailed to the cross already. He had obviously not thought his suicide through very properly. In the end he called 911 although whether he called them to seek medical help or to help him nail his other hand on to complete his suicide is still a mystery. Sitting on my bed with the paper, I can certainly count myself lucky that unlike our unfortunate friend there, I am not trying to crucify myself on a self-made wooden cross.
"The thing about it is if you fuck up on Valentine's day, she'll never forget it" someone else said to me later that day "If you are going to screw up, the other 364 days are just fine but try letting her down on Valentine's day.."
Someone else I know said he and his girlfriend had decided not to get anything for each other. "Big mistake" I told him "It's a trick! She still expects you to get her something" "Aaargh man- dont say that!" He said suddenly looking a bit worried. I think I shouldn't have told him that- he looked a bit worried when he left, but I was only joking.
But anyway for the 'single and cool' people- as Quena decided our group was which included me,Leo and Vid-it was just another day. So what's the difference between being single and cool and being single and pathetic? Well says Quena "We are single by choice while the single and pathetic ones are desperate to get someone but can't". Erm..okay.
Vid, Quena and I went for a drink later on and I got back and watched Prison Break (which has become essential viewing) while having coffee, bread and hobnob biscuits (which will be the subject of its own post). What kind of fool drinks coffee at midnight? Later on sitting and reading The Guardian on my bed with The bends on the radio, it occurs to me that wer'e not necessarily single and cool, but something much more important- wer'e single and happy. It wasn't exactly a 'Eureka' moment but I was satisfied and my work for the day was done.
However others were busier on Valentine's day like the clueless guy who tried to kill himself by crucifixion. He made a wooden cross and put it on the ground and then set to work by nailing one hand onto the cross. It was at this point he realized that he couldn't nail his other hand as well since- like the rest of us- he only had two of them and one was nailed to the cross already. He had obviously not thought his suicide through very properly. In the end he called 911 although whether he called them to seek medical help or to help him nail his other hand on to complete his suicide is still a mystery. Sitting on my bed with the paper, I can certainly count myself lucky that unlike our unfortunate friend there, I am not trying to crucify myself on a self-made wooden cross.

1 Comments:
Yeah ,the people that try to crucify themselves would be placed in the single and pathetic demographic!!
Post a Comment
<< Home